I would say that it’s not easy to promote your videos for free, but there are some main tips that would help you to rank your videos on Youtube and even went viral.
So, first of all, you need to implement search optimization:
1) Optimize your Video Title. Before you think about the Title, you should do keyword research to better know what people usually search and what keywords are in trends now. You can read more about this here: 5 Working SEO Tips You Must Follow For Higher Ranking YouTube Videos
2) Use video Tags (wisely). The biggest mistake when optimizing video on YouTube is incorrect tag usage. There are some tips:
– Try to use your brand name in every video.
– Use your main keyword variations as a tag (just use Youtube auto-suggest feature)
– Insert your main keyword as a tag
You can make your work much easier by using special extensions, like VidIQ.
3) Use a custom Thumbnail. It would help to attract even more views. Just stick to these settings:
- Have a resolution of 1280 x 720 (with a minimum width of 640 pixels).
- Upload in either .JPG, .GIF, .BMP, or .PNG.
- Keep it under 2MB.
- Try to use a 16:9 aspect ratio as it’s the most used in YouTube players and previews.
4) Share a video on all of your social media pages.
5) You may also start the blog around your Youtube channel. It would help you to get more views and rank your videos as well.
I hope I’ve helped you. Just try to implement some tips above and you will get your video promoted without spending a dollar.