Digital marketing utilizes technologies that use the Internet, such as pcs, smartphones, and laptops, etc, and technologies that don’t use the Internet such as television, radio, mobile phones other digital media, and social media platforms to promote products and services.
people nowadays use digital devices to shop for products that they need or want instead of visiting physical shops all by themselves
History of digital marketing:
We can trace the beginning of digital marketing all the way back to the late 1800s.
According to me and many others Gugliemo Marconi who invented the radio in 1896, was the world’s first digital marketer.
But there are others who say that computer engineer Ray Tomlinson should be credited with the birth of digital marketing because he sent the first-ever email in 1971.
Digital marketing covers everything that needs to be done digitally to improve the online visibility of your services and products.
In this new era of the internet world, no business can ignore the power of digital marketing. Digital marketing covers everything that needs to be done digitally to improve the online visibility of your services and products. It is the marketing of products or services via a digital medium such as websites, search engines, mobile phone apps, social media, etc.
The reasons why it works;
It allows smaller businesses to compete with larger companies that have the capacities for larger digital marketing needs.
Traditional marketing can be expensive, digital marketing cuts the cost greatly. When you create your strategy, you can monitor the effectiveness of your strategy and update it to better fit your needs. For example, if your keywords aren’t gaining more prospects then you can always change your keywords to better fit your strategy.
The 7 big categories of online digital marketing are:
1. Search engine optimization (SEO): It is an effective means to increase ROI by helping improve a site’s ranking in the SERPs so that traffic increases on the site. click here to get your website rank no 1 on google page 1
2. Search engine marketing (SEM): This is the process of gaining traffic and visibility from search engines through both paid efforts. Buying traffic through paid search listings
3. Content marketing: This is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
4. Social Media Marketing (SMM): The way social media contributes to a digital marketing campaign is that it offers an open platform. Which allows audiences to engage with the company or brand. Companies are able to monitor followers on a regular, even daily basis while also keeping them up on the latest news or releases in their business.
5. Pay-per-click advertising (PPC): This is a model of internet marketing in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. Essentially, it’s a way of buying visits to your site, rather than attempting to “earn” those visits organically.
6. Affiliate marketing: This is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts.
7. Email marketing: This is a way to reach consumers directly via electronic mail. Unlike spam, direct email marketing reaches those interested in your business’s area of expertise. The information is sent out more like a laser-guided missile than a bomb: No matter what you’re selling, it is a way to reach thousands of potential customers directly at a relatively low cost when compared to advertising or other forms of media exposure.
Digital Marketing is the ultimate blessing to humankind. It’s free, it gives great reach and it’s easy if done right!
Start with understanding which platform is the best for your brand. Don’t dip your feet in it all. Do that seems like the best option.
Next, understand the features, what’s trending, and how it all works on a given platform. In today’s world, nothing is constant. It all keeps evolving. The digital world is all about content. Keep it short, crisp, and eye-catchy. When you get your consumer’s attention, anything is possible. Click here to get all the backlink you need